Paying for your care

Social care, unlike healthcare, is not free for everyone. You are responsible for the full cost of your care. Depending on your financial situation the council may contribute towards the cost based on a financial assessment, which considers what you can afford to pay. 

If you have more than £23,250 in savings the council will not contribute towards your care.

Ealing currently charges for all services provided through adult social care, excluding:

  • Reablement
  • Occupational therapy equipment and adaptations up to £1,000. Means tested disabled facility grants are available for adaptations up to £30,000
  • Carers support services

You can find out more about the financial assessment process and how the amount you will pay is calculated in the determining your financial contribution booklet.

Maximising your benefits

You may be entitled to disability benefits to be used to pay for the support you need. These benefits include:

  • Disability living allowance
  • Personal independence payments
  • Attendance allowance

If you are already in receipt of one of these benefits, this will be taken into account when carrying out your financial assessment. If you are not in receipt of one of these benefits and think you may be eligible you can apply directly at GOV.UK or by contacting the community benefits team.