Apply for housing benefit and council tax support

If you need help paying rent or your council tax, we want to help. The amount we can give you depends on two things:

  • how much rent and council tax you pay
  • your circumstances, such as your pay and if you have children

How to apply

 So we can help you, do these three things:

  • Click the 'apply now' button below 
  • Answer our questions online
  • Upload photographs or scans of the documents we ask for (such as proof of address)

Postcode check

Don't apply here if your postcode begins W12 *** or NW10 6**. You will probably need to apply for universal credit instead.

When to apply

If you need help, apply now. You can lose out if you delay.

 Apply now 

Read information about the council's policy on collecting data for online forms.