My Account changed on 3 December 2020, so you will need to re-register if you set up an account before this date. Find out more about using an online account for housing benefits on our FAQs.
Request access to view my housing benefit account
If you have recently claimed for Housing Benefit, please wait until you have received a claim reference number. You cannot register to view your claim online without this.
You need to have a council tax liability/entitlement in order to view your housing benefit account.
As a My Account customer you will also be able to manage your benefits account online.
- view your housing benefit entitlement, payment dates and amounts
- view your council tax reduction entitlement
- see how your housing benefit and council tax reduction has been calculated.
The information available on this service is taken from the live benefits system and will not be current if your claim is awaiting a decision or payments have stopped.
If you hold a joint tenancy or are partners with a housing benefit and/or council tax reduction claimant, only the claimant can register to view the council tax and/or housing benefit accounts.
Before you start
For security, you will need to enter details exactly as they appear on your most recent benefits notification letter.
You will need
If you have received your claim reference number, please have this handy together with your National Insurance number before you begin the registration process. Once you proceed, you will need both these details in order to register.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt).
- Zip files cannot be uploaded.
- We also accept clear photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png.
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
You will receive an email to confirm when you have access to your account.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.