Planning enforcement

We investigate properties that do not comply with planning regulations. Where necessary enforcement action can be taken.

Tell us if you have concerns about a possible breach of planning regulations. Your details will be kept confidential. You can make a report as follows:

Report a breach of planning regulations

Report an illegal outhouse

Make a complaint about a high hedge

Areas where enforcement may apply are:

  • building works, including extensions, outbuildings, shop fronts or high walls
  • changes in the way a property is used
  • breaches of conditions and deviations from planning permission already granted
  • listed buildings
  • satellite dishes
  • protected trees
  • demolition in conservation areas
  • advertisements.

We do not investigate:

  • encroachment
  • party wall issues
  • trespass or damage to your property
  • unsafe building work practices at construction sites
  • boundary disputes.