How to make a complaint

The quickest way to make sure your complaint is dealt with is to raise it on My Account. My Account gives you the ability to track your complaint and monitor it’s progress.

If you are already dealing with a council officer, or you know which service to contact, you may want to discuss your issue by telephone. Some things can be fixed quickly at an informal stage. If you are unsure about which part of the council is responsible, please use our A to Z to find the relevant information or telephone the switchboard on (020) 8825 5000.

Make a complaint online

If you are unhappy with the service you have received, fill in this form so we can put things right. 

Before you start

Not all issues can be dealt with by our formal complaints procedure. Do not complete this form:

You will need

  • To detail what happened and how it affected you
  • To give the time, date, and location 
  • To tell us what you want to happen to put things right.  

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents. For example: Documents or photographs relating to the complaint.

  • Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • Zip files can't be uploaded 
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB. 

What happens next 

You can track the progress of your complaint in My Account.

Stage one

Your complaint will be automatically acknowledged and sent to the right department.  

Once we investigate your complaint, we will send you an email explaining our findings. We aim to respond within 20 working days. 

Stage two

If you are not happy with the stage one response you can request a final review of your complaint at stage two. You will need to tell us the parts of your complaint that have not been dealt with properly and what you want us to do about this. 

Your complaint will be automatically acknowledged and we aim to respond within 20 working days.

Start form