We maintain trees in streets, parks and open spaces, cemeteries and on housing land.
You can report a problem about:
- Fallen branch or tree
- Overhanging branch
- Tree that needs to be pruned
- Tree trunk moving or unstable
- Tree root damage.
Before you start
Do not complete this form if the tree is:
- Dangerous - Call customer services on 020 8825 6000
- On housing land - use the online map to check and contact estate services
- In a conservation area or has a tree preservation order - Contact planning
- On school land - contact the school
- On private land - contact the tree owner.
We do not deal with:
- Interference with satellite, TV or media reception
- Interference on telephone line - it is quite normal for trees to touch wires, contact the telephone company instead
- Mess caused by insects or birds
- Honeydew or sticky sap falling onto cars or property
- Obstruction of view or blocking light
- Fallen fruit.
You will need
- To describe the problem
- Location of the tree, include nearest house number or landmark
- Photos of the tree, showing the whole tree and close-up (if you have any)
- A map showing location of tree, if it’s not obvious.
Uploading supporting documents
We will ask you to upload photos of the tree (if you have any) and a map showing location of tree, if it’s not obvious.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will investigate within 20 working days.
Please check My Account for updates.
This form should take approximately six minutes to complete.