Advice on calculating charges
Where the estimated cost of controllable works does not exceed £150,000
Charges (including Regularisation) for works not exceeding £150,000
Where the estimated cost of controllable works exceeds £150,000
Please contact us on 020 8825 9912 to get a written quotation of our charges.
To assist with this, it is recommended that you provide us with a completed copy of the quotation request form.
Please note: Our charges have been set in accordance with the London borough of Ealing Building Regulations Charging Scheme No 3, 2018 and which came into force on 3 April 2018. This is available on request at Perceval House.
Important note regarding an increase in charges: Charges indicated in the Charging Scheme No 3, 2018 are to increase by 3.2% from 5 April 2022.
Calculating the correct charge
Please contact us on 020 8825 9912 if you would like help with trying to identify the correct charge.
- Only internal floor areas are to be measured.
Loft conversions and extensions are charged separately - although a discount may apply if an application includes both.
- If more than one extension is proposed, the floor areas of the extensions should be added together.
- Charges relating to Building Notice and Regularisation applications should be paid in full upon submission of the application.
- For Full Plan applications, only the Plan Charge is required upon submission. We will invoice for the inspection charge upon commencement of works.
Examples of domestic works where total estimated cost less than £150,000:
- Works proposed:
Loft conversion (internal floor area 28m2) and alterations to form ground floor WC beneath the existing house stairs.
Total charge = £828 + £138 (discounted rate) = £966 including VAT
- Works proposed:
Alterations to form a simple through lounge opening with replacement roof weathering to house.
Total charge = £276 + £138 (discounted rate) = £414 including VAT
Please note: These totals (including any allowable discount) are payable in full at the time of submission of a Building Notice. If a Full Plan application is submitted, then only 40% of this amount is payable on submission. The remaining 60% will be invoiced upon commencement of works. On a Full Plan application, any allowable discount will be subtracted from the inspection charge.
Payment of charge
- Payments made by BACS. Payment details will be provided once your application has been processed.
- Cheques made payable to Ealing Council can accompany posted or hand delivered applications. Cheques can also be posted for electronically submitted applications. Please note: In your communication to us please indicate that payment is in the post. Please write the address of the work location on the reverse of the cheque in case it becomes detached from accompanying correspondence.