Land searches


This page provides information about the searches available.  If you have any questions about searches please contact us and we will explain the process to you. We would advise you to seek legal advice when buying or selling a property. We accept electronic searches sent via the National Land Information Service (NLIS).

Official searches

Requests for official searches are usually posted to us. They must be made on forms LLC1 and CON29 that are available from legal stationers. You are required  to send us a plan, with the property clearly marked, for searches on commercial and industrial properties, new residential developments and searches where you ask CON29 questions.  Official searches are guaranteed by the council under Section 10(3) of the Local Land Charges Act 1975.

Personal searches

You, your solicitor or an agent can carry out a local authority personal search of the Local Land Charges Register. To arrange this, please call 020 8825 8998 or email We will confirm when we have booked your search for - usually five to 10 working days from you requesting it – and email it to you on the allotted day.

Only information contained in the Local Land Charges Register and provided by the council in a personal search of that register is guaranteed by the council under Section 10(3) of the Local Land Charges Act 1975.

Environmental Information Regulations

Please contact the individual services for enquiries. For more information go to the environmental information regulations page.

Common land and village green searches

We maintain the council's register of common land and village greens. To carry out a search of these registers when buying a property, please ask your solicitor or conveyancer to request CON29 Optional Enquiry 22 on your local authority search.

Alternatively please write to Local Land Charges, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2HL, enclosing a cheque for £18 payable to ”London borough of Ealing”.

The registers may be inspected at Perceval House. Please call 020 8825 8998 or email to arrange an appointment.

Drainage enquiries

Drainage enquiries should be addressed to Thames Water Property Searches, Clearwater Court, Reading, RG1 8DB.