You may not get housing benefit if the tenant is a close relative such as a:
- Son or daughter
- Step parent
- Stepson or stepdaughter
- Son-in-law or daughter-in-law
- Brother or sister or partner of any of these people.
We cannot consider your tenant for housing benefit if the tenant or their partner:
- Were previously living with you as your partner in this property
- Are responsible for a child and you are the parent of that child
- Are a director or employee of the company from whom they are renting
- Are renting from a trust of which their child is the beneficiary
- Occupy the property as a condition of their employment
- Previously owned the property they are now renting.