Support for carers

‘Caring’ for someone covers lots of different things, like helping with their washing, dressing or eating, taking them to regular appointments or keeping them company when they feel lonely or anxious.

If this sounds like you, changes to the way care and support is provided in England (from April 2015) mean you may be may be able to get more help so that you can carry on caring and look after your own wellbeing. This could be:

  • help with having a break
  • health and wellbeing services
  • advice and information about caring and wider family relationships, employment, education and learning
  • signposting to reliable sources to help with financial matters

Also, you can request an assessment of your needs - this is called a carer's assessment.

To find out what types of support you may be eligible to receive and request a carer's assessment, the first step is to contact our social care customer contact centre:

Tel: (020) 8825 8000

Information on Support for carers

Ealing Council Support for carers information RSS feed