- You can adjust the text and colours on our website to best suit you by using our text preferences options
- If you use a screen reader, all pages on the Ealing Council website are compatible
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
If you have a visual impairment the RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People) provide a wide range of support, services and advice to enable you to lead an independent life.
The RNIB have the following support and advice options:
- A helpline for anyone affected by sight loss. Call the helpline on 0303 123 9999 from 8am - 8pm weekdays and Saturday from 9am - 1pm. You can also email: email@example.com
- Reading services including talking books, newspapers and magazines and music scores
- Living with sight loss courses and phone groups
- Practical information including about finances, benefits, employment and work and families
- Technology support and an online shop of specialist products
You can find out more about these support options and other support available on the RNIB website or by calling the helpline on 0303 123 9999 from 8am - 8pm weekdays and Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
Ealing services for people with a visual impairment (SVIP)
SVIP is a specialist team within Ealing adult social care who support individuals, of all ages, who are registered as blind or partially sighted and need additional assistance to support them to live independently.
Support available if you have a visual impairment
This can include:
- full specialist visual impairment assessment
- training in orientation and mobility, daily living, communications and managing low vision
- specialist equipment to aid independence, which has been identified from an assessment
- group work
- emotional support
- welfare rights advice
- specialist education advice
- supported employment
- all aspects of registration