Do you know someone who is:
- showing signs of memory loss?
- becoming confused even in familiar places?
- struggling to follow conversations or programmes on TV?
- regularly misplacing items?
- experiencing changes in personality or mood?
If you are concerned that someone you know is showing these signs, it is important to visit a GP for advice. If appropriate, the GP will make a referral to one of the specialist West London Mental Health Trust Memory Assessment Service. Older people's mental health service (westlondon.nhs.uk)
The Alzheimer's Society has put together a dementia guide to help you understand what happens following a diagnosis of dementia and explains the therapies and services available.