Caring for someone with dementia
If you care for someone with Dementia, as well as the help and advice available for all carers additional information is available.
If you are caring for someone who has recently been diagnosed with dementia, A dementia video from Health Education England tells you more about the disease and how to support people with it.
Dementia information in other languages
Information about dementia is available in a variety of languages and formats.
- Key facts on dementia from the Royal Society of Psychiatrists
- The dementia guide and Video in traditional Chinese and Cantonese
- How dementia effects the brain in traditional Chinese
- Your questions answered - a film about dementia (Cantonese)
- The dementia guide and video in Hindi
- Dementia resources in Hindi on a wide variety of topics including: the condition, early planning, changed behaviours, communication, tips for friends and visiting.
- How dementia and Alzheimer's disease affect the brain in English and Hindi
- Living well with dementia video
- Audio file - Listen to information in Punjabi about dementia, its causes and treatment
- The dementia guide and video in Punjabi
- Living well with dementia
- Dementia resources in Punjabi
- Information booklet
- Your questions answered - a film about dementia (Punjabi)
- The dementia guide in Urdu
- Video on living with dementia
- Your questions answered - a film about dementia (Urdu)
- Introduction to dementia video
- A drama in Urdu with English subtitles about the difficulties of an Asian family in recognising an elderly family member's memory problems. Also includes practical advice.