Keep warm keep well
- Have a seasonal flu jab and or a ‘pneumo’ jab (pneumococcal).
- Wear plenty of layers and warm shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
- Keep your main living room and rooms you use during the day heated (18–21oC (64–70oF), warm your bedroom before you go to bed.
- Make sure you claim all the financial support you can to help with heating bills, see list of useful websites below.
- Keep simple cold, flu and sore throat remedies at home.
- If you take prescribed medication order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time and see if your pharmacy will deliver.
- Eat healthily and keep as active as possible.
- Keep basic food items in the cupboard or freezer in case it’s too cold to go shopping.
- Check on elderly or at risk family/neighbours during cold periods and offer help or support.
Pages in Keep warm keep well
You are here: Stay healthy
Practical and financial help