Payment of fees
- the fee due must be paid when the application is submitted
- no decision can be made on an application for which the correct fee has not been paid
- the council has no discretion to vary fees
- there is no VAT on planning fees
Advanced notice: On 6 December 6 2023, planning fees will increase. Any application received or made valid on or after this date, will be subject to the increased planning fee.
Payment security: To protect your data and provide a higher level of security, you will need to use the following browser versions (or above) to make payments: Chrome 30; Android 4.4; Firefox 24; Internet Explorer 8; Opera 17; Safari 7 with OSX 10.9; Safari mobile IOS 5. Please upgrade your browser if you need to.
Re-submission of a planning application
Where planning permission has been refused or an application withdrawn, the re-submission of a planning application within 12 months for a similar scheme on the same site by the same applicant would not require a fee.
Advanced notice: On 6 December 6 2023, resubmissions will no longer be eligible for the 'free go'.
Refund of fees
Fees can only refunded if:
- paid in respect of a development for which permission or consent is not required and the local planning authority decline to determine the application.
- more than the correct fee was paid
- the application is rejected as invalidly made
No refund can be made where an application is withdrawn.