Calculation of housing benefit and council tax support


Housing benefit (for pensioners and a few exempt groups) and council tax support is paid by local councils to help you pay your rent and council tax.  The amount of housing benefit and/or council tax support you get will depend on your circumstances, and how much rent you pay and the amount of your council tax bill.

Benefits calculator

Use the GOV.UK benefits adviser to calculate how much housing benefit you may be entitled to.