Fees and discounts for private rented property licences
- Mandatory houses in multiple occupation licence - £1,100 plus £30 per habitable room
- Additional houses in multiple occupation licence - £1,100 plus £30 per habitable room
- Selective licence - £500
- Selective licence ‘block’ or ‘multiple flat’ application - £350 per flat
Selective licence ‘block’ or ‘multiple flat' application
A selective licence ‘block’ or ‘multi-flat’ application may be submitted by any person who controls two or more flats within the same building, i.e. a person who is entitled to receive the rack rent for the flats, or would be entitled to receive it were the flats let at such a rent. This may be the freeholder of the block, or the person with the leasehold interest in each of the subject flats. Licences will however continue to be issued on a flat by flat basis rather than a ‘block’ or ‘multi-flat’ basis. Any further applicable discounts will apply to the first flat only.
You will be entitled to a £75 discount if you are accredited under one of the following schemes approved under the London Rental standard:
- London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)
- National Landlords Association (NLA)
- Residential Landlords Association (RLA)
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA)
The licence fee is payable in two instalments.
On submission of your application, the first instalment of 30% of the total amount payable (after applicable discounts or charges) will be due to cover the processing of the application form. Should the application be refused or rejected by the council or withdrawn by the applicant, this first instalment payment will not be refunded.
Once the application has been assessed and the decision is made to grant the licence, the second instalment of 70% of the total amount payable (after applicable discounts or charges) will be due within seven days of notification.