Fees and discounts for private rented property licences
- Mandatory or additional licence - £1,100 for each HMO plus £30 for each habitable room
- Selective licence - £500.
There is a further £75 discount if you are accredited under one of the following schemes approved under the London Rental standard:
- London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)
- National Landlords Association (NLA)
- Residential Landlords Association (RLA)
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA)
The licence fee is payable in two instalments.
On submission of your application, the first instalment of 30% of the total amount payable (after applicable discounts or charges) will be due to cover the processing of the application form. Should the application be refused or rejected by the council or withdrawn by the applicant, this first instalment payment will not be refunded.
Once the application has been assessed and the decision is made to grant the licence, the second instalment of 70% of the total amount payable (after applicable discounts or charges) will be due within seven days of notification.
The licence will only be issued once the full and final payment has been received.