Fees and discounts for private rented property licences
- Mandatory or additional licence - £1,100 for each HMO plus £30 for each habitable room
- Selective licence - £500.
There is a further £75 discount if you are accredited under one of the following schemes approved under the London Rental standard:
- London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)
- National Landlords Association (NLA)
- Residential Landlords Association (RLA)
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- UK Association of Letting Agents (UKALA)
The licence fee is payable in two instalments. On submission of your application the first instalment of 30% of the fee is payable to cover the processing of the application form. Once your application has been assessed the second instalment of 70% of the fee is payable within seven days of notification. The licence will only be issued once the full and final payment has been received.