What is Prevent?
Prevent is a part of the UK’s counter-terrorism strategy referred to as Contest. The Contest framework consists of four ‘P’ work strands:
- Prevent: to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
- Pursue: to stop terrorist attacks
- Protect: to strengthen our protection against a terrorist attack
- Prepare: to mitigate the impact of a terrorist attack.
In Prevent, we safeguard and support members of our community to stop them becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. We have three objectives which we work towards:
- Tackle the causes of radicalisation and respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism.
- Safeguard and support those most at risk of radicalisation through early intervention, identifying them and offering support.
- Enable those who have already engaged in terrorism to disengage and rehabilitate.
The Ealing Prevent team consists of:
- Prevent co-ordinator and strategic manager
- Safeguarding manager
- Prevent community officer
- Prevent education officer
- Prevent support officer (business)
- Prevent support officer (projects).