Sheltered housing to rent

Other housing options and useful information

Is sheltered housing the best option for you?

Use Elderly Accommodation Counsel’s (EAC) interactive tool to determine how well your current home suits you.

Do you need further support?

Residential care is available for for a short time (usually one to two weeks) to offer you or your carer a break.

Apply for respite care

Residential care homes provide a service for people who can no longer manage in their own home even with additional support from social services, friends and carers, these are provided by care homes with nursing.

Our conditions

The flats are unfurnished and are rented in a similar way to other council housing. Tenants in sheltered housing have the same conditions of tenancy as all council tenants except they do not have the right to buy.

Not for you?

We realise that our sheltered housing schemes may not be ideal for everyone. There are other options out there:

  • housing association sheltered housing
  • private sheltered housing

Other housing options for the elderly

For a directory of all housing for older people options please visit:, ring 020 7820 1343 or email