Report a problem on a housing estate

If you are a council tenant, you can report a problem about the following in My Account:

  • Blocked bin chute or problem in bin chute room
  • Communal lighting 
  • Fly-tipping
  • Grounds maintenance (estate gardens and open areas)
  • Japanese knotweed
  • Trees.

Before you start

Do not complete this form if you are a:

You should only complete this form if:

  • You are a tenant
  • It is not an emergency (call us instead)
  • The problem is in a council housing block or estate
  • You are a council tenant and find Japanese knotweed in your garden or an alleyway owned by the council or leading to it. 

If there is a problem with the maintenance of a garden of a council property, belonging to an elderly or disabled tenant, please contact your local housing hub. They may be able to arrange some help, if the tenant qualifies.

You will need 

  • Housing estate name
  • Housing block name or number
  • Floor level (for bin chute or communal lighting problems)
  • External location (for fly tipping, trees, grounds maintenance and Japanese knotweed).

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents. For example, photos of the problem.

  • Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • Zip files can't be uploaded 
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB. 

What happens next

  • Communal lighting
    We aim to change the light bulb within one week. If this does not fix the problem, we will pass it onto our lighting contractor to fix
  • Fly tipping:
    We aim to remove fly-tipping from our estates within three working days. It may take longer if we need extra staff, equipment or a specialist contractor to carry out the removal
  • Grounds maintenance
    We will ask an inspector to look at this and arrange for any work needed to bring the grounds up to the standards expected
  • Japanese knotweed
    Japanese knotweed is treated during the peak growth periods between July and September. If it is in your garden, we will contact you to arrange access to inspect it or to treat it
  • Rubbish chutes
    We will ask the caretaker to try and unblock the chute by the next working day. If they cannot do this, we will pass this onto the repairs service. 
  • Trees:
    The council prunes trees for health and safety reasons. There are reasons we do not prune or remove trees. When we need to inspect a tree, we aim to do this within six weeks. We will then arrange to do the work within eight weeks. This may take longer if we have other high priority tree work.  

Please check My Account for updates.

This form should take approximately five minutes to complete. 

Start now