Council tax

Council tax is set by councils to help pay for local services such as refuse collection, schools and libraries. It is a property-based charge with one bill for each household. The amount payable depends on the band the property is placed into by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).

Council tax guide 

A guide to what your council tax pays for.

Moving house

Let us know if you are moving into or out of a property in Ealing.

Your council tax bill

You will normally receive your annual council tax bill in March. It will show the amount you have to pay and how that amount has been calculated. The bill will also set out the amount of each instalment and the dates on which each one should be paid. If you think that the bill is wrong you should contact us immediately. Unless you make other arrangements with the council you must continue to pay the amounts set out in your original bill until you are sent a revised bill.

Help paying your council tax bill

Council tax support is a discount that helps people on low income to pay their council tax. To see if you are eligible please complete a new claim form.

Refunds of overpaid council tax

To request a refund, please complete and return a refund claim form.