Direct debit is an easy, secure way to pay your council tax bill as it is paid automatically, so you never have to worry about missing a payment or receiving any late payment penalties.
The direct debit guarantee:
- The guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay direct debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your direct debit, Ealing Council will tell you 10 working days before your account is debited or as otherwise agreed
- If you ask Ealing Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you
- If there is a payment error by Ealing Council or your bank or building society, you can get a full refund of the amount paid, from your bank or building society
- You can cancel a direct debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society.
You will need
Your council tax account number
What happens next
We will send you an updated bill when the direct debit has been set up.