Ealing School Streets

School Street vehicle permits

While the purpose of the scheme is to reduce the number of vehicles driving and parking around school entrances to as few as possible, careful consideration has been given to balancing the needs of access for residents and for those with mobility issues against the intended goals of the scheme.

All Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) permits are virtual, so there is no need to physically display anything in a vehicle.  A physical, hard copy permit is required for barrier enforced schemes.  All permits are free of charge.

Applying for a vehicle permit

All ANPR applications are made using the online form.  Residents and businesses must provide evidence of property/premises, eg. utility statement less than 3 months, or council tax bill. They must provide the V5C document for each vehicle.

Permits for barrier enforced schemes can be requested by emailing schoolstreets@ealing.gov.uk

Blue Badge Holders

The following blue badge holders can apply for a permit:

  • those that work at a school or business within the School Street
  • those that need to drop a member of staff or child to a business or school within the School Street
  • parents or guardians of a child with a Blue Badge attending a school in the School Street

They must apply for ‘Special Dispensation’ for their vehicle and must upload a clear, colour copy of both sides of their Blue Badge, along with proof of address.

All ANPR applications are made using the online form.  Please note that Blue Badge holders who drive through an ANPR enforced School Street without applying and receiving confirmation that their application was successful will be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

Permits for barrier enforced schemes can be requested by emailing schoolstreets@ealing.gov.uk

Disputing a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)

Contraventions will be observed via Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and PCNs will be served to the registered keeper of the vehicle by post. If a person disputes the PCN they must make a formal representation by contacting parkingrep@ealing.gov.uk or by providing full details of the PCN and their reasons for the dispute at www.ealing.gov.uk/pcn

A person who is served a postal PCN will be entitled to make representations to the council against the penalty charge and may appeal to an adjudicator if those representations are rejected.

The council may disregard any representations which are received by them after the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the PCN was served.

If your PCN relates to a contravention observed via ANPR and we receive representations against the penalty charge not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the PCN was served, but reject the representation, we will allow a further 14 days from the date on which the rejection letter is issued in which to pay the reduced (£65) penalty charge.

Exemption application

Please complete the online exemption form. Residents must provide proof of residence and proof of vehicles registered to that property. Blue badge holders must provide a colour copy of both sides of the badge so that it can be verified. Those applying for Special Dispensation, ie, carers, company or leased vehicles, must provide additional evidence in the form of official documentation.

Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ) permits

Registration for a School Street permit is separate and additional to the CPZ permit which allows residents to park within a CPZ during controlled hours. All eligible vehicles will require a separate School Street permit to enter the zone.

Further information

Please contact schoolstreets@ealing.gov.uk for more information about Ealing School Streets.