Registering for your new account
What information will I need to register for a new account?
It's quick and easy to register. You will need to tell us your name and email address to register for a new account. You will be asked to set up a password as part of the registration process and verify your email address. You will then be asked to fill out a profile page and make some choices about how we may contact you.
Do I need to do anything else to manage my council tax and housing benefits online?
You will need to validate your account:
- Log into your new My Account using your email address and password.
- Select 'What service are you looking for?'
- Click 'Council Tax' from the drop down list
- Then under 'Request it', select 'View your council tax account'
- On the next screen under 'View your council tax account', select 'Tell us who you are'
- You will then be asked for your full name and council tax account number.
- When you have entered these you will be asked to answer some security questions.
- Enter your full postcode and your unique online key (shown on council tax bill, reminder notice, summons - if you cannot find it contact the My Account support team by telephone 020 8825 7733 – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.)
- You will then be able to access your online account.
The form is not accepting my name. What should I do?
- You will need to insert your name exactly as shown on your bill. If you have not received a bill, please contact the council tax team.
Still have a question?
- Check the help page.
- For any other My Account issues, please contact the My Account support team by telephone 020 8825 7733 – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.