Registering for your new account
Why do I have to re-register?
- Ealing Council is part-way through a programme to improve the council’s digital and customer service. Once complete, it will be easier and quicker for residents and businesses to transact with the council across a wide range of services. The programme involves creating a new online account and moving some of our existing services over. That is why you are being asked to re-register for a new account if you wish to carry on managing council tax or housing benefit online.
- At the end of the programme, most of the council’s services will be accessible through your new online account and you will be able to track the progress of your transactions at any time, from anywhere through a single sign-in.
Who have we contacted to re-register?
- We have invited everyone who had a MyAccount to re-register for a new online account. Many will already be managing either their council tax or housing benefit online. However, others will have created a MyAccount in order to submit an online report about an environmental problem, e.g. flytipping.
What information will I need to register for a new account?
- It's quick and easy to register. You will need to tell us your name and email address to register for a new account. You will be asked to set up a password as part of the registration process and verify your email address. You will then be asked to fill out a profile page and make some choices about how we may contact you.
Do I need to do anything else to manage my council tax and housing benefits online?
You will need to validate your account:
- Log into your new My Account using your email address and password.
- Select 'What service are you looking for?'
- Click 'Council Tax' from the drop down list
- Then under 'Request it', select 'View your council tax account'
- On the next screen under 'View your council tax account', select 'Tell us who you are'
- You will then be asked for your full name and council tax account number.
- When you have entered these you will be asked to answer some security questions.
- Enter your full postcode and your unique online key (shown on council tax bill, reminder notice, summons - if you cannot find it contact the My Account support team by telephone 020 8825 7733 – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.)
- You will then be able to access your online account.
The form is not accepting my name. What should I do?
- When the system launched there was a problem recognising some names. This has now been resolved so please try again. If you continue to experience problems, please let us know.
What transactions can I carry out with my new account?
- The first set of services available via the new online account are council tax and housing benefits. You will be able to carry out all the same tasks as you can now such as manage your payments, tell us you have moved or let us know about a change in your circumstances. We have also included some new tasks such as applying for a discount or exemption and uploading supporting information.
- There is no change to the way parking customers access their online parking permit account.
Still have a question?
- Check the help page.
- For any other My Account issues, please contact the My Account support team by telephone 020 8825 7733 – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.