Dropped kerb enforcement

Vehicles should not park next to a dropped kerb. This could be a driveway, cycle lane or to help people cross the road. If you park in front of a dropped kerb, you may get a parking fine, also known as a penalty charge notice (PCN).  

Your family and visitors to your property can park in front of the dropped kerb outside your property with your permission. They still need a visitor permit, if parking in a controlled parking zone (CPZ). If the dropped kerb is shared with a neighbour, then they cannot park there. 

Any vehicle parking in a commercial/business property’s dropped/raised kerb is not allowed.

If you live within a CPZ and have a parking bay outside your property and a white line marking the dropped kerb, any vehicle can park in front of your dropped kerb. They just need to have a permit to park during the CPZ hours. 

Report parking in front of a dropped kerb

You will need to register your dropped kerb with us before we can issue a ticket. 

If a vehicle is parked in front of your driveway, you can report it by phoning 020 8825 6677, choose option 1 (Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm). Outside of these times (ie 8-9am and 5-11pm), please call the out of hours team on 020 8825 5000. 

You will need to leave a message with the details of the vehicle blocking your dropped kerb, your full address and dropped kerb (DK) reference number.