Timed collections sets specific time slots when waste and recycling may be put out for collection. This includes all business and residential waste in the affected areas.
Timed collections mean bags are on the street for less time, streets are cleaner and a reduction of illegally dumped waste.
To avoid a fine please follow these simple rules:
Residential waste and recycling
- Only put out your waste and recycling during the scheduled times
- Securely close all bags so they do not spill
- Place all recyclable items in the clear sacks that are provided
- Request a bulky collection for larger household items or take them to your local re-use and recycling centre
Business waste and recycling
- Make sure that your waste is collected by a registered waste provider
- Only put out your waste and recycling inside the scheduled times
- Put your waste in the branded bags or bins supplied by your registered waste provider
- Bundle any cardboard securely
Because the scheme sets specific time slots when bags and bins may be put out for collection, our enforcement team will check the rules are followed.
If you put your waste or recycling out for collection on the pavement, outside the stated times, you may get a fine (fixed penalty notice) under sections 33, 47 or 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. If the fine is unpaid, then legal proceedings will be filed against you.
Time bands - please present your waste within the following time frames
West businesses: Southall - Northfield Avenue
- Morning 5-6am
- Evening 7-8pm
East businesses: Northfield Avenue - The Vale
- Morning 6-7am
- Evening 6-7pm