You need a licence to use the parks for commercial dog walking.
Failure to produce a licence when asked by a council officer may result in a £100 on the spot fine, increasing up to £1000 if it goes to court.
Licensing dog walking helps to make sure:
- The parks and wildlife are protected
- Access to and use of public open space is maintained for all visitors
- Professional dog walkers comply with current health and safety and best industry practice for the safety and enjoyment of their dogs and staff
- All professional dog walkers are fully insured and hold liability for participant's safety
- Professional activities that are carried out in our parks help contribute to the costs of our infrastructure
How to apply
To apply, please fill in the commercial dog walkers application form
- Information on fees and charges
- Professional dog walking terms and conditions
- Professional dog walkers code of conduct
Successful applicants will be added to the list of licenced dog walkers on our website.