Council tax bands

The amount of council tax you pay relates to the valuation of your property. Each property has been valued by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA)  and placed in one of eight council tax bands. The bands are based on what a home might have sold for in April 1991, even if it was built recently.

View the council tax rates for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. Find your band.

Valuation band Range of (1991) values Greater London Authority Ealing Council Adult social care precept* Total amount 2021/2022


Up to £40,000

£242.44 £783.26 £84.07 £1,109.77


£40,000 - £52,000

£282.85 £913.80




£52,000 - £68,000






£68,000 - £88,000

£363.66 £1,174.89 £126.10 £1,664.65


£88,000 - £120,000

£444.47 £1,435.98 £154.12 £2,034.57


£120,000 - £160,000






£160,000 - £320,000

£601.10 £1,958.15 £210.17 £2,774.42


More than £320,000

£727.32 £2,349.78 £252.20 £3,329.30

*Adult social care precept

The Secretary of State made an offer to adult social care authorities. (“Adult social care authorities” are local authorities which have functions under Part 1 of the Care Act 2014, namely county councils in England, district councils for an area in England for which there is no county council, London borough councils, the Common Council of the City of London and the Council of the Isles of Scilly.)

The offer was the option of an adult social care authority being able to charge an additional “precept” on its council tax without holding a referendum, to assist the authority in meeting its expenditure on adult social care from the financial year 2016-17. It was originally made in respect of the financial years up to and including 2019-20. If the Secretary of State chooses to renew this offer in respect of a particular financial year, this is subject to the approval of the House of Commons.

Discounts and exemptions or council tax reduction (formerly council tax support) can reduce the amount payable. 

For more information about council tax bands go to

You can appeal if you disagree with the banding of your property.

Pay or view your council tax