Repairs to empty council homes

Decorations allowance

Tenants are eligible to receive a decorations allowance at the start of their tenancy if the property needs redecorating. Also, in specific cases, a decorations allowance is given to the tenant after repair works have been carried out.

The allowance is calculated on the basis of the rooms which need decorating, with a different allowance per room.

For further information contact your local reception office.