You can claim Discretionary Council Tax Discount if you live in the London Borough of Ealing, and are not entitled to Council Tax Support or your entitlement to Council Tax Support is less than your council tax liability and this is causing you financial hardship.
All applications are considered on an individual basis and decisions are made in accordance with Ealing Policy for the Award of Discretionary Council Tax Discount (Section 13A (1)(c) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992).
You are only allowed to claim Discretionary Council Tax Discount once in any particular period of council tax unless you have had a significant change of circumstances since your previous application.
We may also ask you to provide evidence that you have taken all reasonable steps to resolve your situation prior to making your application.
Tips to help you complete the form
- Dates should be in the DD/MM/YYYY format. For example, 1 March 2021 is 01/03/2021.
- All fields marked with an * must be filled in.
- If you think a question does not apply please let us know by entering N/A or if the field requires a number please enter the number zero e.g. 0
- Each form page will time out after 10 minutes.
Details of how we collect and share your information can be found in the benefits service privacy notice.
Uploading supporting documents
- Accepted file types: Word (doc, docx), acrobat (pdf), excel (xls, xlsx), plain text (txt), powerpoint presentation (ppt, pptx), image (jpg, jpeg), rich text format (rtf)
- Zip files cannot be uploaded
- Do not upload files larger than 10MB.