Moving home

Mutual exchange

This is where you swap your home with another social housing property. It could be any landlord and the exchange can only be refused on certain grounds. See the mutual exchange policy for more details.

The first step is to find someone to swap with and you can do that through a website called Homeswapper

Once you have found someone, you need to speak to your lettings and property manager to let them know and we can carry out the checks at our end and help the move go ahead.

There are some important things to remember when embarking on a swap, the mutual exchange policy will alert you to some of them. You will be taking on someone else’s property in the condition it is now and giving up your right to stay in your current home.  Once the swap has happened you cannot go back to your old home.