You can apply for a percentage reduction in your rates bill if you:
- Occupy one property and the rateable value is less than £15,000
- Occupy more than one property and none of the other properties have a rateable value above £2,899 and the total rateable value of all your properties is less than £28,000.
What you get
- You will not pay business rates on a property with a rateable value of £12,000 or less.
- If your rateable value is between £12,001 and £15,000, your rates bill is calculated using the small business multiplier and relief will go down gradually from 100% to 0%. For example if your rateable value is £13,500, you’ll get 50% off your bill. If your rateable value is £14,000, you’ll get 33% off.
- If your rateable value is between £15,000 and £50,999, the small business multiplier is automatically used to calculate your bill (even if you have more than one property) but no percentage reduction is given.
Find out more about the rateable value
If you qualify for another type of mandatory relief (such as charitable relief), you will not be able to get small business rate relief and the ordinary non-domestic rating multiplier will be used to calculate your rates.