Following the introduction of our online system, permits that begin with the prefix "EAX"can be renewed using your online account. For those who don't have an account, you can easily register for a new online account.
It is the permit holder's responsibility to renew their parking permit before their current permit is due to expire. You may be liable to receive a Penalty Charge Notice if you park in a permit holders' space with an expired permit.
Please make a note of the expiry date of your permit to ensure you renew on time. Please allow yourself plenty of time to renew your permit. If your permit has expired, our online system will no longer display the option to renew and you will have to apply for a new permit.
Permits are issued electronically, so you do not need display a paper copy in your vehicle.
Before you apply
Supporting documents are required in the following circumstances:
- Change of vehicle: If your vehicle details have changed in the previous 12 months you must provide a copy of your full V5C vehicle registration log book from the DVLA.
- Change of address: If you have changed address in the last 12 months and not previously supplied supporting documents, you must provide proof of address (dated within the last three months) and a copy of your full V5C document. Both must be in the same name and address of the permit application.
- Blue Badge holder: You can only submit your application by post. Please complete a Blue Badge application form. You must include a copy of the front and back of your disabled badge, a proof of address and copy of your vehicle document (V5C) with your application. Once received, it can take up to 10 working days to process.
The cost of a permit will depend upon the hours of restriction in your parking zone, the number of vehicles in your household, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of your vehicle and fuel type. Blue Badge holders are issued permits at no cost.
Read the terms and conditions for resident parking permits.
Once you have renewed and paid for your permit you will be able to park in your controlled parking zone from the start date of your permit.
To renew online you will need the following:
- your debit/credit card details (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or Electron)
- your online account username and password.
Renew by post
You can only apply by post if you are a Blue Badge holder or you intend to pay by direct debit. Renewals will take 10 working days to process. Permits are not available to purchase on the same day.
Please note that many of our staff are now working remotely due to the government restrictions on Coronavirus, therefore we are not seeing customers at our reception. Where possible, please apply and make payments online. If you are a Blue Badge holder or if you intend to pay by direct debit, please apply by post.
Please make sure you have fully completed your application form with:
- proof of residency
- vehicle ownership (V5C)
- copy of both sides of your Blue Badge (if applicable).
Send your application by post to:
PO Box 46264