It is the permit holder's responsibility to renew their parking permit before their current permit is due to expire. You may be liable to receive a parking ticket (penalty charge notice) if you park in a permit holders' space and your permit has been expired for more than seven days.
Renewal reminders are issued by email 28 days before the permit expires.
To receive renewal reminders your email address must be registered on your permit record. To register please send your email address, full name, address and vehicle registration number to email@example.com. In the email subject line please type: “Permit renewal reminder - please add my email address”. You will receive confirmation once your email has been assigned to your permit record.
Permits are issued electronically, so you do not need display a paper copy in your vehicle.
You can check the details of your parking permit, such as its expiry date on the permit expiry checker
Before you apply
Supporting documents are required in the following circumstances:
- Change of vehicle: If your vehicle details have changed in the previous 12 months you must provide a copy of your full V5C vehicle registration log book from the DVLA.
- Change of address: If you have changed address in the last 12 months and not previously supplied supporting documents, you must provide proof of address (dated within the last three months) and a copy of your full V5C document. Both must be in the same name and address of the permit application.
- Blue badge holder: You can only submit your application by post or in person. Please complete an application form. You must include a copy of the front and back of your disabled badge, a proof of address and copy of your vehicle V5C document with your application. Once received it can take up to 10 working days to process.
Permit and pin number requests:
- If you do not know your pin number and your email address is not held on record then, please call 0208 825 6677 and select option 5, A pin notification letter will be posted to you or sent by email, please ensure you provide your email address in your call back request. You can also email a request for your PIN number to or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails received by Parking Services can take 10 working days to action.
- Alternately, if your email address is held on record then you can request your pin number to be emailed to you. You can do this when you start your online renewal - press the pin request button after you have entered your permit number and vehicle registration number.
The cost of a permit will depend upon the hours of restriction in your parking zone and the number of vehicles in your household. Blue badge holders are issued permits at no cost.
Read the terms and conditions for resident parking permits.
Once you have renewed and paid for your permit you will be able to park in your controlled parking zone from 9am the next day.
To renew online you will need the following:
- your debit/credit card details (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or Electron)
- your current resident permit number
- your vehicle details
- the pin number in your renewal email
Renew in person or by post
You can only apply in person if you are a blue badge holder or if you intend to pay by direct debit. Renewals will take 10 working days to process. Permits are not available to purchase on the same day.
To apply in person:
- bring your completed application form or obtain a form
- bring proof of residency and vehicle ownership
- bring a copy of both sides of your blue badge (if applicable)
You can submit your application in person to the parking reception at:
Customer Service Centre
14-16 Uxbridge Road
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Or by post to:
PO Box 46264