Explosives and fireworks licence

Explosives and fireworks

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosive Regulations 2005 require anyone storing more than 5kg net of explosives to either register with the council, or for larger quantities between 250kg and 2000kg obtain a licence.

If you are selling fireworks outside the following permitted periods of sale you will need an additional licence under The Fireworks Regulations 2004:

  • on the first day of the Chinese new year and the three days immediately preceeding it
  • on the day of Diwali and the three days immediately preceeding it
  • during the period beginning on 15 October and ending on 10 November, and 
  • During the period beginning on 26 December and ending 31 December

Please print out the appropriate form, complete it and return to:
Licencing team, Regulatory services, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL.
Tel: (020) 8825 6655
Email: licensing@ealing.gov.uk