Pay or challenge your parking fine or penalty charge notice

Drivers are responsible for paying attention to road markings, signs and notices about parking and driving restrictions and acting accordingly.

A parking ticket or Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) can be issued to any driver for a parking contravention (disobeying parking restrictions).

Common reasons for receiving a PCN include:

  • parking in a parking space without the required permit or payment
  • parking on a double yellow line
  • driving in a lane or street provided for buses only
  • stopping in a yellow box junction

We can also send a PCN by post if a vehicle is driven away while it is being issued.

Understand why the parking ticket was given

You can view the evidence of your PCN:

Before you start

You will need:

  • your PCN number starting with ’EA’ or 'AO' (If you have lost the number, you can get it by completing the request a penalty charge notice number form
  • your vehicle registration number
  • credit or debit card, if paying a fine
  • to explain the reasons, if challenging the PCN and include any evidence you have to support this

Uploading supporting documents

You can upload documents to support your PCN challenge or representation. For example a copy of a DVLA letter or invoice if you have sold your vehicle, copy of disabled badge.

  • accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • zip files can't be uploaded 
  • we also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • there is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB

What happens next

Appeal a parking fine

Your case will be put on hold once we receive your challenge or representation. We will send you a letter within 30 working days to let you know the outcome. This may take longer at busy times.  

Paying a fine

You will see a confirmation on screen when you pay your fine.

You may want to save or print it for your records.

This form should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

Pay or challenge your penalty charge notice