Apply for a disabled parking bay
If you have a blue badge, you can apply for a disabled parking bay to be marked outside your home or on your street. This is usually needed if you have problems parking close by. A disabled parking bay can be used by anyone with a blue badge.
You do not have to pay for this.
Before you start
- You have a valid blue badge
- You live at the address where you want the disabled parking
- You do not have access to off-street parking, for example a garage or driveway
- It is difficult to park near to your home.
Do not apply if:
- You live on a private road. We can only add a disabled parking bay to a public road
- The blue badge holder is the passenger and can be dropped off outside their home. Disabled parking bays are normally for drivers with a blue badge. We expect an able driver to ‘double park’ so the disabled passenger can get into and out of the car. Then the driver can go and find a suitable parking space.
- You have access to a driveway, garage or other off-street parking.
You will need
- Your blue badge number, expiry date and name of the issuing authority
- Registration number of the vehicle to be parked in the bay
- Vehicle registration document (V5C), sometimes called a log book, or proof of Motability vehicle
- Driving licence
- Photo of the front of the property (if you have one).
Uploading supporting documents
We will ask you to upload the vehicle registration document (V5C) or motability vehicle agreement and your driving licence.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files cannot be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will let you know within six weeks if you can have a disabled parking bay.
We will contact you if we need more information. You may be asked to go to a face-to-face assessment with an occupational therapist.
Please check My Account for updates.
It can take up to 10 weeks to mark out a disabled parking bay.
This form should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.