Other ways to get rid of your rubbish

Take it to the tip

You can throw away unwanted items in one of our recycling centres

Bulky items collection

You can ask for a bulky items collection to collect unwanted waste from your home. 

Hazardous waste

The City of London runs a Hazardous Waste Collection service. Residents can arrange the collection of cement asbestos if it is double wrapped and sealed in building sacks. They are not able to dismantle or wrap asbestos for you - this must be done before collection.

Residents are entitled to one asbestos collection a year. You may be need to pay towards a collection, depending on the amount you have. 

You can arrange a hazardous waste collection online (you will need to register to use this service) or by phone on 020 7332 3433.