Under Section 80 of the Building Act 1984 anyone carrying out demolition work is required to notify the council.

The notice must include the intended works to be carried out and details about the building eg address, adjacent properties.  It is the duty of the person giving a notice to a local authority to send or give a copy of it to:

  • the occupier of any building adjacent to the building
  • the British Gas Corporation
  • the Area Electricity Board (where the building is situated)

Complete the demolition notice and send it to:
Ealing Building Control Services, Perceval House 4SW, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL.
Postal address: PO box 15151, London, W5 2YW.

There is a charge payable of £250 to cover administrative work involved in the Section 81 counter notice.

The council has six weeks to respond with appropriate notices and consultation under Sections 81 and 82 of the act.