Report a problem with a street or park tree

You can report the following problems with a tree in a street, park, open space or cemetery:

  • Fallen tree branches
  • Council trees touching your property
  • Damaged or defaced trees

Report a tree problem

The council does not deal with the following problems:

  • interference with satellite, TV or media reception
  • a tree is touching telephone wires - contact BT (Openreach)
  • mess caused by insects or birds
  • honeydew or sticky sap falling onto cars or property
  • obstruction of view or blocking light

Tree pruning or tree removal

The council will not prune or remove trees in particular circumstances –  read more about tree pruning and tree removal.

Trees on school grounds

To report any concerns about a tree located on school grounds please contact the school directly: