- all skips on the public highway must be lit at night
- all skips which are to be placed on restricted roads, are larger than 2 yards wide and 12 yards long or are scheduled to have utility maintenance works, will require an inspector to visit the site.
- a maximum of two skips are allowed on site at any one time. If more then 1 skip is required on a site, the application will be checked and agreed by an enforcement officer before the permits are granted.
- the council has the right to refuse skip permit applications on certain restricted roads and locations where skips may cause on obstruction eg restricted parking areas and narrow roads
- skip companies cannot cross the footpath to deliver skips. The skip must be lifted over the footpath by a loading device. If the public highway is damaged when transporting the skip, the skip company will be charged for repairs