A PlayStreet is a two to three hour stewarded road closure for children to play out safely in the street once a month. PlayStreets provide a great chance to bring a real sense of community spirit to the whole street. Everyone is welcome to come and join in - bring a cup of tea and enjoy socialising with your neighbours while the children play.
This is a resident-led initiative with Ealing Council's backing.
How it works
If you are interested in setting up a PlayStreet in your area, there are a few basic steps.
PlayStreets are resident led, which means that Ealing Council will support and guide you through setting up a PlayStreet as much as we can - but ultimately it will be driven by you.
- Talk to your neighbours and see if there is interest. You may be surprised how positive people will be.
- Once you have got a few friends together, have an initial meeting with fellow organisers who want to set up the Playstreet.
- Get in touch with Ealing Council - we can then provide you with further information and a pack which includes templates and an online survey to distribute to every address in your street.
- Once you've got your information pack from the council, you are ready to carry out a house-to-house survey with neighbours. You will need to show support for the scheme from the majority of the residents in the street.
- Return the collected survey signatures and completed application form via email or post.
- If the response is in favour of a PlayStreet the council will then apply for a Traffic Management Order on your behalf (this takes six to eight weeks and is permanent once in place).
- When your traffic order is approved, the council will send you a PlayStreet kit. This will contain everything you need (minus the tea and biscuits!).
- Let everyone know when your first PlayStreet will take place!
Please note the following PlayStreet consultation application deadline dates for 2020. In order to progress with your application, a successful consultation must have been run by these dates in order to be included in a Traffic Management Order.
- 28 February 2020
- 3 April 2020
- 17 July 2020
- 6 November 2020
For more information please email: email@example.com.