Walpole and Lammas Parks
- Start and finish: War memorial in front of Pitshanger Manor, Ealing Green
- Distance: 3.2 km (1.98 miles)
- Transport: Bus 65; tube and rail Ealing Broadway
- Parking: Limited –meters and chargeable car parks nearby
- Facilities: The kiosk in the park sells ice creams and drinks when open. It might be closed in bad weather, and opening hours are shorter in the winter.
- Accessibility: This walk is suitable for wheelchairs
This is an easy and level walk linking two parks. The walk can be varied easily by taking different paths.
From the war memorial, turn left in front of Pitshanger Manor to enter Walpole Park. There is a walled garden on the left – great in June when the roses are in bloom. Take the path on the left, cross a bridge over a water feature and continue with the playground on your left. Keep straight ahead, passing a lake on the right. At the end turn onto the left path around the park edge. Turn right out of the main gate into Lammas Park Gardens. Carefully cross Culmington Road into Elers Road. After a few yards turn left through a gate into Lammas Park. Turn right onto the path and follow it round the park, passing the play centre on the right. Continue past the playground on the left. Pass the lodge house and the gate onto Northfields Avenue and continue on the path round the edge of the park, passing a gate on the right and a bowling green on the left. Go through the gate onto Culmington Road and cross carefully into Beaconsfield Road. Turn left into Lammas Enclosure. Follow the path straight ahead between a meadow area and tennis courts. Cross Lammas Park Gardens and re-enter Walpole Park through the main gate. Turn right and follow the path round, passing Ealing Studios on the right and a playground and shelter on the left. Turn right to cross the bridge back to the war memorial and the starting point.