Date of birth and proof of address documents

Proof of your child's date of birth and your address must be provided if you are applying for an in year primary or in year high school place.

Proof of date of birth

Please provide a copy of one of the following documents as evidence:

  • passport
  • birth certificate
  • Home office visa or letter

Proof of address

Proof of home address must be in the parents name at the address given on your application form and be dated within the last six months

Please provide one of the following documents as evidence:

  • your current year’s council tax bill
  • recent child benefit or child tax credit letter
  • letter confirming entitlement to benefits (for example housing, income support, jobseekers)
  • tenancy agreement from a registered lettings agency
  • letter from social services, National Asylum Support Service (NASS), United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) or housing department confirming placement at your address

If you are renting privately, in shared accommodation or living with family or friends and are unable to provide any of the above please provide one of the following options as evidence:

Option 1 – Privately renting

Tenancy agreement from the landlord and two bills or documents in your name at the address.

Option 2 – Shared accomodation

Three bills or documents in your name at this address.

Option 3 – Living with friends or family

Written confirmation from the council tax payer that you are living at the address, the date you moved in and how long you intend to stay and two bills or documents in your name at the address.

Wrong or false information

Provision of an incorrect date of birth or home address or any false information will lead to the withdrawal of an offer of a school place. If there is any doubt as to the validity of the information given, internal council checks will be made and, if the findings are inconclusive, the matter will be put in the hands of an investigator.