Contacting adult social care

Adult social care at Ealing supports adults of all ages, disabilities and backgrounds, who are not able to stay healthy and independent on their own.

If you have taken the action you are able to, and are not able to maintain the level of health and independence you would like, it may be that Ealing Specialist Advice Service (ESAS) or the Social Care Advice and Referral Centre can help you in finding the right support.


Before seeking additional advice or contacting social services, it is helpful to think about the following questions:

  • What has changed recently in your life?
  • What it is that you cannot do now that you would like to be able to do in the future? How would this make your life different?
  • What are you able to do well that you would like to continue to be able to do?
  • What it is you would like support with?
  • Who could support you? How could you be supported?

Ealing Specialist Advice Service (ESAS)

ESAS offers free, confidential advice to carers and adults with additional needs who live in Ealing.

ESAS is a first port of call when exploring additional actions you can take to stay independent.

You can find out more on Ealing Direct.

Social Care Advice and Referral Centre

The Social Care Advice and Referral Centre can assist you in finding the best options to enable you to stay independent. They will carry out an initial assessment to understand the best way to help you. This may be by recommending community based support or by making a referral for a social care and/or occupational therapy assessment.

Should you feel that input from social care would be suitable for you or someone you know, you can

  • Contact the Centre on 020 8825 8000

Social Care input for someone else

If you are planning to contact social care on behalf of someone else, then you will need to make sure that they are aware that you are planning to do so. If you are able to, it is helpful to have discussed the questions above with the individual before making contact.