Councillor complaints

How to complain about your councillor

 Your councillors are required to observe the council's local code of conduct for councillors, as set out in the council constitution (Part 5 - codes and protocols). 

If you believe that a councillor has failed to observe the code of conduct, you may report them to the council's Standards Committee, using the councillor complaint form. You should only use this procedure where you believe that a councillor is in breach of the code of conduct. 

Once you have completed and submitted the form, it will be considered by the council's director of legal and democratic services at Ealing Council, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 2HL, email

The council's director of legal and democratic services will normally make a decision within 15 working days of receipt of your complaint, on how your complaint will be dealt with.  You will be notified of that decision as soon as possible.  All complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the council's procedure for complaints against councillors.

Complaints about the service you have received from the council should be made via the council's general complaints procedure.