If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership took place within the borough of Ealing, copy certificates can be requested online or by post from Ealing Register Office.
If they did not take place within this borough, you can apply online to GRO the General Register Office for England and Wales.
Please note the following hospitals are not based in Ealing, so will have to apply to either GRO or the borough listed:
- Queen Charlottes (and Chelsea) Hospital - Hammersmith and Fulham Council
- Northwick Park Hospital - Brent Council
- West Middlesex Hospital - Hounslow Council
- Hillingdon Hospital - Hillingdon Council
We offer two types of service, a priority and a standard service.
We can usually offer a same-day priority service for certificates - subject to staffing. The standard service aims to issue a certificate in five working days approximately. All certificates will be posted out by recorded delivery as collecting in person is currently suspended. Read the schedule of fees and charges for more information.
We may be unable to produce your marriage certificate if the register is still with the religious building. In this case please encourage the registered building to return their registers to us so that we can issue the certificate.
How to apply
Please note, we are suspending all standard applications until 6 January 2024. You will still be able to apply for a fast track (same day) certificate as long as you are can attend in person to collect.
If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership took place within the borough of Ealing:
Please allow three weeks for all applications to be processed.
To apply by post please write to us with:
- the information required for the certificate(s) - see the details we need to know
- your contact details
- number of certificates required
- cheque or postal order made payable to "Ealing Council" including postage costs - we only use recorded or special delivery to send out certificates
- stamped self-addressed envelope
- postage costs are £2:50 for the certificate to be sent via 1st class recorded delivery or £6.50 for special delivery
and send to:
Ealing Register Office
14/16 Uxbridge Road
Ealing W5 2HL
If you urgently need a copy of a certificate please apply online before 2pm (Monday to Friday). Please see the schedule of fees and charges that apply. We will then contact you to book you an appointment to collect it - as the service centre is by appointment only.
Outside the borough
If the event took place outside of the borough of Ealing you will need to apply online to the General Register Office (this is not a service of Ealing Council).