If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership took place within the borough of Ealing, copy certificates can be requested online, by post or in person from Ealing Register Office.
If they did not take place within this borough, you can apply online to GRO the General Register Office for England and Wales.
Please note the following hospitals are not based in Ealing, so will have to apply to either GRO or the borough listed:
- Queen Charlottes (and Chelsea) Hospital - Hammersmith and Fulham Council
- Northwick Park Hospital - Brent Council
- West Middlesex Hospital - Hounslow Council
- Hillingdon Hospital - Hillingdon Council
We can usually offer a same-day fast track service for certificates - subject to staffing. The standard service is five working days. Read the schedule of fees and charges for more information.
We may be unable to produce your marriage certificate if the register is still with the religious building. In this case you will need to apply directly to the religious building.
How to apply
If the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership took place within the borough of Ealing:
To apply by post please write to us with:
- the information required for the certificate(s) - see the details we need to know
- your contact details
- number of certificates required
- cheque or postal order made payable to "Ealing Council" including postage costs. We only use recorded or special delivery to send out certificates
- stamped self-addressed envelope
- postage costs are £2 for the certificate to be sent via 1st class recorded delivery or £6.50 for special delivery.
and send to:
Ealing Register Office
14/16 Uxbridge Road
Ealing W5 2HL
If you urgently need a copy of a certificate we can usually provide a same-day service if you apply in person before 3pm (Monday to Friday). Please see the schedule of fees and charges that apply.
Outside the borough
If the event took place outside of the borough of Ealing you will need to apply online to the General Register Office (this is not a service of Ealing Council).