Insurance section, Perceval House, 5SE, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL
Telephone: 020 8825 8816 and 8378

The insurance section manages claims against the council such as injury on public highways, subsidence damage (caused by the roots of street trees), landlord and tenant claims and damage caused by council owned vehicles. The section is also responsible for insuring the council's assets, advising council departments on their insurance needs, and insurance arrangements for community and voluntary aided schools.

To make a claim for damage to a property purchased under the right to buy scheme:
Contact home ownership services on 020 8825 6108. Where an incident occurs outside of normal working hours leaseholders should contact 08704 201 168.

Ealing Council does not insure tenants' contents such as furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes. Tenants may obtain household insurance through a special scheme arranged by the council and run by Wessex Administration Services, Jewry House, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RZ.

Anyone involved in an accident or incident concerning a contractor or public utility (gas, electricity, water) should contact them direct as they are responsible for their own insurance arrangements.

Where a public liability or employer's liability claim does not exceed £25000, claimant representatives are requested to submit their claims through the council's liability claims handler portal. The Gallagher Bassett portal ID is D00019.